Monday 3 February 2014

CrackHeads Work

Well looks like Crackheads is on Quickflix, so I should be able to show this stuff now which is good, because it was a fun project, even though looking back now I am not happy with the result..but I think that all ways happens. This was a tight deadline, I think I had a month and a half, starting just before Christmas and finishing just after the holidays.That include pre-prod through to finish comp and renders.

This was one of the far shots where this guys is trying to play football just after taking acid
There were three shots like this it would cut back to during the sequence. So cg flower, animated to match the grass getting blown in the wind


This next shot the daisy would smile and flutter her eye lashes while swaying away. If there was more time I would have loved to make some grass to sit in better with the shot.  Went through a couple of variations on the textures, was fun trying to get the right balance for a nice cute face.


After cutting back to another close up, something obvious is happening with her, and she twitches possessed and morphs into a evil daisy that has some very pleasant dialogue about eating souls before cutting away again. I never had tried doing a morphing character before and that was great fun, my old comp at the time didn't think so with blending of all the texture maps.


I got one of my friends to work on the closeup animation while I could concentrate on textures and shaders. Here is a little shot of the rig, I had a sitwch in the head control which would switch between the happy and evil daisy.









No comments:

Post a Comment