Sunday 3 February 2013

Texture Concepts

Busy weekend, but managed to get the AK texture concepts done, so already to rock and roll.
It is funny how ideas come about, as soon as I started playing with putting type on the stock of the rifle I remembered a part of a book I read called Enemy at the Gates, basically a group of Russian soldiers were surrounded and pretty much fought to the last man, but one of them carved his last words into a rock I think, which the still have to this day in a museum. Always find that pretty haunting.
 

So I wanted the same thing, so I had the idea of putting diary entries written straight onto the stock of the rifle. So it would be the persons legacy after they were killed....turns it more into a artifact which is kinda nice.

So bottom right one I am going for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment